This Is Why Content Marketing Is Important For Your Business
11 MIN READ
The short answer
» DOWNLOAD NOW: Start Your Content Strategy with a Buyer Persona Template
So, what is content marketing exactly?
"Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Why is content marketing important for your business?
1. Building a personal connection with your future customers
This establishes trust.
2. Learning more about your industry and becoming a thought leader
3. The barrier of entry is reasonably low while returns are high
4. It drives profitable action that scales with time
5. The impact it has on people is stronger than you’d think
6. It improves your relationship with existing customers
“Well, I just don’t know how to make these things! Where do I get the data from? How do I make them look interesting? Where do I post these infographics?”
7. There’s a clear path to implementing
Yes, content marketing is important for your business
Originally published Jan 24, 2020 – Updated Jul 24, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Content marketing helps businesses in three different ways: 1) increased website traffic, 2) subscriber generation and, 3) high-quality lead generation. All three are true of content marketing and they lead directly to sales as a result.
Content marketing is effective because it helps you establish trust with your future and existing customers. This is done via a truthful exchange of value through online content on various platforms: blogs, social, communities, etc.
A content marketing strategy is usually made up of three things: 1) a target audience persona, 2) a keyword research sheet and, 3) an editorial calendar. These things allow any brand to create a long-term strategy that helps them drive organic growth for their product/service.