Creating a MailerLite Account
MailerLite is an Email Marketing Software (EMS) known for its automation tools as well as its simplicity. It’s important to come through as a reputable sources when setting up an account with them as deliverability is an important variable to consider in email marketing.
Their pricing is one of the most affordable in the market and they offer a forever free option to start things off. Here’s how to create an account:
- Go to their sign up page.
- Enter your company name, business email address, and set a password. Make sure to use an email address with your name in it and the domain of your website for increased credibility.
- Store your password somewhere safe and click on the “Create my acccount” button. You should be redirected to their interface.
Once you’ve clicked on the button, you will be greeted with this view:
Click on the “Complete profile” button and fill out the fields:
- First name and last name. This is fairly straightforward.
- Company name, address, city, and country. Make sure to include the correct registration address of your company.
- Time zone, industry, last email campaign, number of employees, and number of current subscribers. Be truthful with this data as it’s an important part of estimating email deliverability for MailerLite.
- When asked how you collect subscribers, set the following: 1) opt-in via online/offline forms, and; 2) permission-based via social media, webinars, e-commerce. You can also set “I have yet to start collecting subscribers” if you deem it appropriate.
The last part of the form looks like this:
Please fill in the final fields with your own understanding of the strategy so far and the tools that you’ve used in the past. You can enter newsletters, email shots, and occasional promotional content to the content box.
Important: If you’re working directly with us at Koala Rank, please select the “Agency” option in the referral box and specify Koala Rank in the box that appears right next (shown in red in the image above).
Check the Anti-Spam Policy box and scroll down to submit the form. At that point you will be redirected to the welcome page and you can simply click on “Request Approval,” after which you will be contacted by the MailerLite team.
Sharing Access to MailerLite
If you’re working with us at Koala Rank or other collaborators, you might want to share access with your peers.
MailerLite provides you with an integrated way to do this. Please follow the instructions below once your account is approved:
- In the upper-right corner, click on your profile name and choose the “Users” option from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Add new user” button in the top right corner. This will open up another page where you can enter your collaborator’s details.
- Add the email address of your collaborator (you will receive one on our end if you’re working with us) and choose user type “Manager.”
- Click on the “Invite user to join” button in the bottom left corner and you’re good to go! Your collaborator will receive an email. Ask them to follow the instructions included and they’ll be able to access the interface.
Once the invitation is sent out, you don’t need to do anything else. If you’re working with us, we’ll be able to access your account and start working on your email strategy.